Head of Engineering
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsEngineering
Why you’ll love this job
Datenna combines big data, artificial intelligence and China expertise, so that government clients have the information they need to make better decisions. You’ll work at the forefront of data and open-source intelligence. Alongside your team, you’ll build software that changes the world.
As our Head of Engineering, you work directly with the COO and CTO to take our technology team and SaaS software to the next level. If you have that rare combination of technical, operational and leadership talent, then this is where you can make a global impact.
Impacting geopolitics with revolutionary OSINT, AI, and data science
At Datenna we make the world more transparent. By harnessing the power of open-source intelligence (OSINT), we equip governments with a data-driven intelligence platform on China’s industry and innovation landscape. Our fast-growing, international tech company consists of a good mix of talented youngsters and thought leaders, who constantly integrate new innovations into our product to stay ahead of any competition.
Our world-unique OSINT engine gathers information from various open sources and consolidates these huge amounts of data to provide the most accurate view of reality possible. Through our SaaS platform, we are putting these mission-critical insights directly at our customers' fingertips. All the while ensuring full data lineage, traceability, and explainability.
To accomplish all of this, our OSINT engine solves several important challenges within the domains of open information retrieval, data interoperability/federation, fact-checking, entity resolution, explainable AI, and more.
Your mission at Datenna:
- Continuously evolving our engineering practices to improve quality, speed of delivery and predictability.
- Align and co-ordinate work streams across multiple teams into a single, reliable and predictable release model.
- Cultivate a team-first culture that brings out the best in individuals through collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement within the engineering function.
- Building modern security practices into all aspects of the engineering process, aligning with international standards.
- Establish the operational foundation to support modern Site Reliability Engineering and round-the-clock support practices.
What makes you a great candidate:
- Experience growing and leading teams, of 30+ engineers, within a SaaS environment.
- You love to grow people, create a positive team culture, and align everyone to get things done.
- You live and breathe building software, with an understanding, and commitment to applying engineering practices to create healthy and high-performing teams. Including DevSecOps, MLOps and DataOps.
- Experience and mastery over common patterns and challenges in modern full-stack web development and container-based architectures.
- An understanding of the SaaS business model, its key drivers, and how it shapes the priorities and focus areas for development teams.
- Self-starting, able to establish a vision, and then step by step, know what needs to be done to realise it.
- Experience working with some of these technologies (or similar): Python, VueJS/React, Kubernetes, relational databases, document stores, ElasticSearch/Apache Solr, graph databases.
- BA/MSc degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, AI or equivalent experience.
*Please note that applicants may be subject to a screening process*
Why you’ll love Datenna
- An inspiring mission with global impact
- The opportunity to pioneer in groundbreaking OSINT & AI technologies
- Endless opportunities to explore, shape your career, and make an impact in our growing scale-up company
- Our amazing community of colleagues
- Competitive salary (not like a typical start-up!)
- Full range of benefits: Explore details here
- Read more about our culture: www.jobs.datenna.com
Want to make a significant impact in the tech industry, empower decision-makers with actionable intelligence, and create a safe and prosperous world? Join Datenna and make it your mission.