China Analyst (research analyst)
Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, NetherlandsResearch
Do you want to work in a fast-growing team of China experts and data scientists? Conduct research on the Chinese corporate, academic, and innovation landscape? Participate in projects for our international clients or publications in renowned newspapers? Then grab this opportunity to further shape the future of Datenna!
We are looking for a China Analyst who wants to grow professionally and contribute to the improvement of our platform and China knowledge. You will be involved in both internal and public research projects and will dive into a range of different China-related topics and their impact both nationally and internationally. From the start, you will work both together with our Research team as well as independently on different types of data-driven research.
What you will do
- Conduct data-driven research on China’s corporate, academic, and innovation landscape;
- Investigate the role of different Chinese entities in China’s industry and innovation policy;
- Analyse the role of China in the global economy and economic relations with other nations;
- Engage in public research for marketing and social media purposes;
- Expand our partnerships with knowledge partners and journalists.
- Senior: Research project management
- Since we prefer to have team members with a China background in other teams besides the Research Team as well, we also offer you the opportunity to specialize in one of the directions below, depending on your experience and personal interests:
- Business Development;
- Customer Success.
What you will bring
- Master’s degree with a focus on China (e.g. China studies, but also business/economics/international relations with a focus on China);
- Work experience: 0-5 years (junior/medior)
- Reading proficiency in Chinese (minimum HSK4);
- Knowledge of Chinese industry, economy, and policies;
- Honesty and work with high standards;
- Ambition but also modest;
- Eagerness to learn;
- Helpful attitude towards colleagues and external contacts;
- Good command of the English language
What we offer (same for everyone):
- Competitive salary (not like a typical start-up!)
- All essentials: state-of-the-art hardware, pension scheme, traveling allowance, and 30 holidays (as long as you promise to come back 😉)
- Knowledge-driven, collective and individual development
- A modern, hybrid workplace with flexible working hours to organize your own agenda
- A nice working environment in the center of Eindhoven – with good coffee, a bunch of fresh fruits & snacks & daily freshly prepared lunch
- Weekly Thursday afternoon drinks and board games
Due to the confidential nature of the information, you will be working with, you can expect a screening process.
We aspire to become the OSINT Heroes of the world. And we are looking for more heroes to join us!